When you log in to a computer for the first time, you’ll need to set up your email on Outlook. Thankfully it only takes a minute!
- Click the Start button in the lower left-hand corner of your screen
- Type “Outlook”
- Click on “Outlook 2016″
- Optional: An Outlook icon will appear on your taskbar – to pin it there, right click on the icon and select Pin to taskbar
- If you are on the UW NetID domain, Outlook will automatically grab your name and email. Otherwise, type in your name, your email and your password and click Next
- Outlook will then connect to the account, at which point a Windows Security window will pop up asking for your credentials – input your UW NetID password and click OK
- If successful, you will receive the message “Congratulations! Your email account was successfully configured and is ready to use” – click Finish
It will take a couple of minutes or longer depending on the size of your email account to download your emails.
- Double check your password – you can try logging into MyUW to make sure your NetID and password are working. If you cannot log into MyUW, try resetting your password or calling UW IT at 206-221-5000 for password assistance.
- Make sure you are putting your full @uw.edu email address.
- In the event that Outlook is set up but are not receiving any emails, follow the steps in Change UW Email Forwarding to make sure your email is forwarded correctly.