A Shared NetID is an account intended to be used by multiple people to access a shared resource such as a UW email.
Access is most often given simply by giving an employee the username and password to the account. Once they have that, they can Add a Shared NetID Account to Outlook.
When someone leaves the organization or moves out of your department, it’s a good idea to change the password for the shared NetID account:
Note: You must be an owner or an administrator on the account to change the Password
- Go to Manage NetID Services
- Log in with your NetID credentials, if prompted
- Click Shared UW NetIDs from the Services Menu
- Click on the shared NetID you would like to change the password for under Your Shared UW NetIDs
- Click on Password from Services Menu
- Input the current password in Current Password field
- Type in the new password in the Password and Confirm Password fields
- If you have forgotten the password, click Reset a Forgotten password and follow the prompts
Call UW-IT at 206-221-5000 if you cannot recover the password.