Access to network shared drives and some other resources is controlled by UW Groups. Membership in a group can open up access to certain folders on network shares. CSS IT can help you identity which groups you are the owner of, which groups control access to what resource, and help you manage membership of those groups. Here is a quick guide on how to add and remove employees from a group.
- Go to Groups Service Management
- If prompted, login with your NetID credentials
- Click My Groups in the upper left-hand corner of the page
- Find the group you wish to add/remove users from and click on the purple link below the bold name
Note: A CSS technician can help you identify the correct group if you are unsure about which one to choose
- Click on Membership
Tip: If this is a group you administer frequently, you can bookmark this page directly instead of going through steps 1-4.
- Type in the NetID of the user(s) you wish to add or remove in their respective boxes
- You can enter multiple NetIDs at a time by writing each NetID as a separate line in the Add Members or Remove Members box
Tip: You can add and remove users at the same time (such as removing a former employee and adding their replacement)
- After you’ve entered all the NetIDs, click the Do It button
- Once the operation completes, you can close your browser
- The people you added to the groups may need to log out of their computer and log back in