Access to network shared drives and some other resources is controlled by UW Groups. Membership in a group can open up access to certain folders on network shares. ASA-IS can help you identify which groups you are the owner of, which groups control access to what resource, and help you manage membership of those groups. Here is a quick guide on how to add and remove employees from a group.
- Go to Groups Service Management
- If prompted, login with your NetID credentials
- Click My Groups in the upper left-hand corner of the page
- Find the group you wish to add/remove users from and click on the purple link below the bold name
Note: AN ASA-IS technician can help you identify the correct group if you are unsure about which one to choose
- Click on Membership
Tip: If this is a group you administer frequently, you can bookmark this page directly instead of going through steps 1-4.
- Type in the NetID of the user(s) you wish to add or remove in their respective boxes
- You can enter multiple NetIDs at a time by writing each NetID as a separate line in the Add Members or Remove Members box
Tip: You can add and remove users at the same time (such as removing a former employee and adding their replacement)
- After you’ve entered all the NetIDs, click the Do It button
- Once the operation completes, you can close your browser
- The people you added to the groups may need to log out of their computer and log back in
In Outlook, click on the calendar icon in the taskbar, then follow the instructions for the corresponding action: Share a Calendar | Modify Calendar Permissions | Open a Calendar [ Screenshot ]
Share a Calendar
- Click on the calendar you would like to share from the sidebar menu – your personal calendar is under My Calendars as Calendar
- Click Share Calendar from the main menu within the Home tab of Outlook
- Type in the email address of the person you would like to share your calendar with or click the To… button to search for them [ Screenshot ]
- If you’d like access to their calendar, check the box next to Request permission to view recipient’s Calendar
- Check the box next to Allow recipient to view your Calendar
- Click the drop-down box next to Details and select one of the three options, described below:
- Availability only: Shows details like “Free” and “Busy”
- Limited details: Shows availability and the subject of calendar items
- Full details: Shows availability and all details of calendar items
- Click Send
- The recipient will then receive an email from you – they only need to open the email and click on Open this Calendar to view your calendar [ Screenshot ]
Modify Calendar Permissions
- Click on the calendar you would like to set permissions for from the sidebar menu – your personal calendar is under My Calendars as Calendar
- Click on Calendar Permissions in the toolbar in the Home tab in Outlook
- Find the person whose permissions you would like to edit and click their name
- Below, you can either give custom permissions or select preset permission settings from the drop-down menu next to Permission Level – you can check what accesses different presets give by selecting them and seeing how they change the four categories of Read, Write, Delete items, and Other [ Screenshot ]
- Click OK
Open a Calendar
- Click on the Open Calendar icon on the toolbar at the top of the Outlook window
- Click From Address Book
- Type in the name of the person whose calendar you would like to access and press Enter on your keyboard
- Double click their name
- Click OK
Open the People screen by clicking on the People icon in the taskbar. [ Screenshot ]
Share all your Outlook contacts
- In the main menu make sure Contacts is selected [ Screenshot ]
- Continue to Sharing and Opening Contacts
Share Specific Contacts
- In the My Contacts menu, right-click on Contacts and select New Folder [ Screenshot ]
- Give the folder a name and click OK
- Click on the new folder you have created
- Continue to Share and Open Contacts
Share and Open Contacts
- Click on Share Contacts in main menu [ Screenshot ]
- Enter the email of the person you want to share your contacts with or click To… to search for them
- Check to box next to Recipient can add, edit and delete items in this contact folder if you would like them to have that ability
- Click Send
- The recipient will then double click the email they receive &
- Click Open this Contacts folder in the menu
- To send an email to the contacts or group, open a new message
- Click Address Book in the menu
- Click the drop-down menu to choose the shared folder, select the contacts or groups to send to and click OK [ Screenshot ]
A Shared NetID account allows you to add additional email accounts without having to enter a password as long as your NetID has been added to the access group. Please contact your IT administrator for additional information.
Follow the steps below once you have confirmed that your NetID has been added to the SendAs group for the Shared Mailbox account.
- Open Outlook
- On the Menu bar, at the very top of the window, click Tools
- In the Accounts window, click the Advanced… button located at the bottom right of the window.
- Click the Delegates tab.
- In the bottom window labeled, Open these additional mailboxes:, click the + symbol towards the bottom of that window.
- Enter the shared netid account.
- Select the appropriate account.
- Click Add.
- Enter additional accounts as needed.
- Click OK.
- Close the window.
UW-IT: Add a Shared Mailbox in Outlook